We are currently hiring for the position of Film Festival Publicist
Irish Film London, now in its eighth year, presents the latest and greatest of Irish Film & Animation to a London audience. Patrons include Colin Farrell, Lenny Abrahamson and Ros Hubbard. The not-for-profit organisation runs events through the year, including the film section of the St. Patrick's Day Festival with the Mayor of London and the annual Irish Film London Awards. Its activities then culminate in the 5-day Irish Film Festival London in November each year. This year’s main festival runs 21-25 November primarily at Regent Street Cinema.
Deadline for applications: *5pm on Thursday 13th September 2018
Reporting to the Festival Director, the Festival Publicist will develop and execute tactical publicity plans for the Irish Film Festival London 2018 (IFFL2018) and maintain and enhance the Festival's reputation with the media through proactive outreach.
· Proactively generate press coverage for the IFFL2018 programme
· Develop and maintain relationships with members of the local, national and international media
· Write, edit, and circulate press releases, media information packages and other communications materials
· Liaise with Festival programmer and various internal / external stakeholders including film publicists and talent
· Provide support for corporate communications
· Prepare accurate, thorough, and timely publicity report for internal and external audiences
· Degree or diploma in communications, journalism or related field, or a minimum of 2 years media relations/publicity experience
· Established relationships with local, national and international entertainment media outlets and journalists, with a main focus on London
· Publicity experience within film / entertainment / Irish culture would be a strong asset
· Exemplary organizational skills with strong attention to detail
· Strong communications skills, tact and diplomacy
· Adaptable to a flexible work schedule including some evenings and weekends
· Mid Sept- Late Nov 2018
How to Submit & Application Deadline
· Please submit cover letter and resumé to info [at] irishfilmfestivallondon.com
· The deadline for applications is 5pm on *Thursday 13th September 2018
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications are considered confidential. Irish Film London is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities and will work with applicants to meet their needs.
*Please note we reserve the right to close the vacancy early in the case of a large response, so early application is highly advised.