Irish Film London is a not for profit organisation that champions Irish film and animation in the UK with two annual film festivals and a year-round screening programme. We are seeking expressions of interest from individuals who can bring corporate sponsorship expertise on to our board and who can contribute to our overall strategic objectives.
Since our inception eight years ago, our organisation has successfully grown the platform for showcasing Irish film and animation in London. To continue that trajectory, we are seeking to diversify and expand our sources of income, particularly in the area of corporate sponsorship.
About Irish Film London
Irish Film London Ltd is a private company limited by guarantee without share capital.
Irish Film London, now in our eighth year, presents the latest and greatest of Irish Film & Animation to London and increasingly to wider UK audiences. The organisation runs events through the year, including the film section of the St. Patrick's Day Festival with the Mayor of London and the annual Irish Film London Awards. Its activities then culminate in the five- day Irish Film Festival London in November each year.
Through Premiere screenings, director Q&A sessions, related workshops, exhibitions and performances, the organisation aims to bring together industry professionals, film fans and fans of Irish Arts & Culture alike. Focusing on Irish productions, scripts and casts, we strive to provide a significant platform for Irish Film in London, and to ensure that we continue to promote the best of Irish creative talent here in the UK.
We are kindly supported by the Irish Film Board, Culture Ireland, the Arts Council of Ireland, IFI International, the Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade of Ireland, the Irish Youth Foundation, Film London, Film Hub London, the BFI Film Audience Network and the Ireland Funds of Great Britain.
Board Membership at Irish Film London
The purpose of the IFL board is to determine our strategic objectives and policies, monitor progress towards those objectives and account for the company’s activities to our stakeholders.
The position is unpaid but otherwise rewarding in that the board is instrumental in showcasing actors, directors, writers, crew and producers who are passionate about having their works presented to a UK audience.
The board meets 6-8 times per year in the centre of London and each board member brings expertise and experience that in aggregate delivers a successful programme of film and animation presentations each year. Our increased success and continued growth means that we now need to bring in additional knowledge and expertise.
- Attending board meetings and events
- Contributing to the overall strategy of Irish Film London
- Ensuring we hold ourselves to the highest standards of governance
- Being an active ambassador for the organisation
- Overseeing and driving our corporate engagement to identify potential sponsors who would be interested in partnering with Irish Film London
- Reviewing and developing our sponsor proposition
- Supporting our sponsor experience and ensuring that we are providing sponsors with appropriate value for their investment
The successful candidate may have a range of experience relevant to the position and listed below are some of the areas which would set the successful candidate apart:
- Prior experience, directly or indirectly, in securing corporate sponsorship
- Connections into business, marketing or philanthropic networks and organisations
- Understanding of the requirements of corporate sponsors when deciding on investments, allocations and partners
- Has an interest in Film, or in Irish Arts and Culture
- Can add value to meetings with potential and existing sponsorship partners
- Experience in defining propositions that appeal to sponsors
Expressions of interest should be emailed to Board@irishfilmfestivallondon.com with a brief resume and relevant information by 18th May 2018.