The second annual festival ran from the 21st – 25th November 2012 at Riverside Studios, Tricycle Theatre and the Irish Cultural Centre Hammersmith.
We launched the festival at Riverside Studios, with the London Premiere of fast paced crime thriller ‘Jump starring Martin McCann, Nichola Burley, Richard Dormer & Charlene McKenna.
Director Kieron J. Walsh and Producer Brendan J. Byrne joined us for a Q&A after the screening.
The rest of the Programme included:
- UK Premiere of ‘Natural Grace: Irish Music & Martin Hayes’, with a Q&A with director Art Ó Briain
- Lenny Abrahamson’s ‘What Richard Did’
- ‘Family Cinema Saturday’ – A collection of Irish features, shorts and animations aimed at a family audience and the young at heart, featuring some recent and classic gems like The Boy in the Bubble, and Fear of Flying. This session was accompanied by a Shadow Puppetry workshop for kids with Manju Gregory of Katubar Arts!
- UK Premiere of Frank Berry’s ‘Ballymun Lullaby’, with a performance by Ron Cooney & Tara O’Brien & a Q&A with director Frank Berry
- UK Premiere of Gerard Hurley’s ‘The Pier’
- ‘Good Vibrations’, with a Q&A with director’s Lisa Barros D’Sa & Glenn Leyburn
The festival also included 2 Video Art Exhibitions, one at the ICC and one at Riverside Studios;
The MART curated exhibition included featuring work from Alison Cronin, Ciaran Hussey, Eoin O’Dowd, Gavin Campbell, Jane Cassidy, Jessica Fenlon, Joe Hambleton, Kathy O’Leary, Lisa O’Donnell, Moya Clarken, Richard Forrest, Sarah Lundy, Terence Erraught, Tonya McMullan and Vanessa Daws.
John O’Hora curated the second section, featuring Fiona Chambers, Bláithín Mac Donnell, Anita Delaney, Martina O’Shea, Fiona Whitty, Sally O’Dowd and Catriona Leahy.
2012 Irish Film Weekend
Part of the Irish Arts Festival, July 2012
Special screening of Ian Fitzgibbons’ ‘Death of a Superhero’, starring Andy Serkis and Thomas Brodie-Sangster at Tricycle Theatre accompanied by a Q&A session with Ian Fitzgibbon
UK Premiere of Se Merry Doyle’s ‘John Ford Dreaming the Quiet Man’ plus ‘The Quiet Man’ at Riverside Studios accompanied by a Q&A session with Se Merry Doyle
DocHouse & IFL present…Bernadette
Special screening of Lelia Doolan’s documentary “Bernadette: Notes on a Political Journey” at Riverside Studios accompanied by a Q&A session with Lelia Doolan